Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Monkeysphere

Today I actually found the time do some serious bloging. While flying around the net, I came across a piece that so moved me that I felt I needed to add it to my sidebar. It’s called The Monkeysphere Theory, although the word theory has been added.

I don’t “do” tagging, but in this case I make the following exceptions. I am asking the following people to read it and post a comment on this blog.


Carn the 8-ball queen.
Dean who wears a beenie like none other.
The Rev. who needs some time to himself.
Bob who needs to get a car.
Snot who does this tard walk thing that would make the pope laugh his ass off.
Lass who is the person I know that may kill me at mountain biking.
AO1 Yohe who better make it to the chief’s quarters before retiring.

Thanks!

8 Comments:

Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

i'll get there matt, i have the grandkids this weekend. sometime later or monday.

2/19/2006 10:02 AM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Play with the kids! The world will wait.

2/19/2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

"Yes, the Monkeysphere. That's the group of people who each of us, using our monkeyish brains, are able to conceptualize as people. If the monkey scientists are monkey right, it's physically impossible for this to be a number larger than 150."

if this is true, we in deep poop my man. thanks for the remark. i do not get enough time with them, and everytime i see them, they seem to be a foot taller.

2/19/2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

The time you spend on the floor with them is the dime time! Live it up, nothing else matters!

2/19/2006 10:58 PM  
Blogger SnotSucker said...

WTF??? The URL pretty much sums it up for me... http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/monkeysphere.html

2/21/2006 12:05 AM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Snot, No biggie.

lance, thanks for the heads up. As for retirement, good for you man, although, Patia Beach, Thailand will miss you.

2/21/2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

Well, I have to agree, I'm a monkey. I must have a small monkey brain that keeps me in the Monkeysphere. Occasionally, a human brain cell sneaks in and reminds me that "maybe that's not nice, maybe you shouldn't do that, why are you so mean?" I think we all do this...this is just a good analogy for our behavior.

2/22/2006 7:28 AM  
Blogger Dorman said...

I do agree with Lance and the author. Not only does my degree back up my support for the premise, my experiences do too. Look at the army, no coincidence platoons are usually around 100 troops and rivalry between platoons is fierce. "Fuck them, they're 2nd platoon!" How many times I heard that.

So yes, we really are all monkeys and pretty much since Buddha and Neil Armstrong, noone has done much new to push the envelope of our human existence.

I've been turning friends on to this at duty all day today and their eyes opened too about army structure, societal structure, etc. Cool stuff.

2/24/2006 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home