Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A damaging loss


In loving Memory...
May 2003 - March 2008...


I am saddened to say goodbye to a loving family member. River died this afternoon, after suffering from a miss-diagnosed case of Cushing's Syndrome, that developed into cancer. Although I suspect his medical condition started long ago, it took less then three months to turn our loving, energetic, butt magnet, into a lethargic, confused, and quickly dieing dog. This seemingly sudden loss has hit this family hard. We are not the type of people that take a dog in, only to tie it up to a short leash, connected to a dog house, at the end of the yard. He had free roam of the house and was part of our daily lives. This dog was my son’s little brother. They played and slept together, so loosing him is like loosing a sibling.

I cleaned out his food dish and plan to pack it away. His bed is still upstairs and I can’t get bring myself to look at it just yet. Maybe tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dorman said...

I feel for you all. I always liked the hyper-pup, wrestling him on your floor many times. I know I will miss him too.

3/20/2008 1:54 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

He was a great dog. Losing a pet is one of the worst feelings.

3/20/2008 5:02 PM  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

it's like losing a human. hang in there.

3/22/2008 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home