Monday, July 11, 2005

Season is over!



Well, baseball is over. The kids are gone. When I first started coaching, I never imagined the connection I would get to these kids. I almost feel like they are all in my 'one big family. There is almost some separation thing that goes on. I miss them. But I am moving up to the next level next year with a whole new set of challenges, disappointments, and excitements. And, as always, new kids.

Coaching a sport, or sports as it has been, takes a lot of your time. Much more than I ever expected. But in this time of trouble that I have found myself in, it has become much more of a stress relief then a burden. I see coaches out there, and play some, that push the kids hard. They have this aggressive attitude to winning and nothing else seems to matter. I take things totally the other way. Have fun!!!! Winning is not the most important thing here. Wait untill the majors for that. At this level, make the kids want to be here and have a good time. Let them enjoy the game, even when loosing.

Please look at the image and leave a comment telling what you see in it.

1 Comments:

Blogger SnotSucker said...

I see some great sportsmanship, hopefully it will carry on as they get older!

7/13/2005 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home