Tuesday, July 19, 2005

What is wrong with people?

My son was taking a bath tonight. He loves his bath and without intervention, would stay in there until he melts. He is also going though this phase of not hearing anything I tell him. So I am forced to go in and get him out.

I then proceed to dry him off because when he is in these moods, only an argument and a cryfest is the result. There I was, drying his naked body and I thought... What the hell is wrong with people. How could a person harm a child. Like pedophiles for example. How could someone actually get enjoyment out of molesting a 6 year old boy? Or girl, for that matter. Even the age is not important... 5..6..7..8..9..whatever. I quite honestly just do not understand! I just don't get it. I mean, can someone shed some light on this?

Now there are some cases out there where things are not what they seem. Just the other day this guy locally was accused of 'raping' a 16 year old girl. Upon digging a little deeper I found that she was infatuated with him. After her parents (clergy) made her break off the relationship, she was sneaking out of the house to be with him. This went on for months before the parents press charges. I forget how old he was, not that it really matters.

I have a 6 year old son and a 11 year old daughter. I look at them and see kids. Just kids! My daughter, being 11 going on 18, is starting to... well.... blossom. I guess you women would call it that. I look at her and... nothing. Just kid.

By the way. Does anyone out there know of a trick to keep her as a kid? Growing up fast! Holy crap!

I know it's not just the father-to-child connection either. Early on in this years baseball season, I was received the uniform shirts for my team. Now keep in mind I coach kids from the ages of 4 up to 7. (Moving up to the next level next year.. :-)..) During a break in a practice, I went around and gave the kids their shirts and helping them dress. I came upon a you girl on my team. Yes, our league is co-ed until you reach the minors (player pitch). I proceeded to pull the shirt off that she was wearing with intentions of placing the uniform shirt on her. Her mom tried to cover her so no one seen her naked chest. I had to apologize to the mom because in my haste, I was wrong. I had totally forgot she was even a girl. To me, she was just a player on my team. Her mom explained to me that is was ok and she just wanted keep her away from the weirdoes.

No harm done and the girl ended up loving me and wanted to come home with me after most games. I even made a special surprise visit after seeing her mom and her in the crowd waiting to watch the fireworks. "By coach" never meant so much.

Well, I have wasted enough of your time. Please, if anyone out there has some knowledge in this stuff, shear it with me. I just am confused and even angry a little. It all boils down to one question for me.

WHY?

2 Comments:

Blogger mattandriver said...

?

7/21/2005 9:57 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

In my experiences I've found that people are able to justify anything. They can find ways of cheating on spouses and saying "well they don't pay attention to me" or whatever. Cheating, lying, stealing, it can all be justified. I think the same thing applies to people who abuse children. The same thing applies to people who abuse animals. Sometimes it's the control thing, other times is a mental thing that goes way beyond any understanding I have. I don't have kids but when I read or hear about something horrible that happens to animals, it makes me love mine even more and I go home and give them a big squeeze. I hope you do the same with your kids.

7/22/2005 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home