Friday, December 09, 2005

Oh yea!


Snow baby! 8+ inches worth. I live for this, but I don't even know why. I have only tried to snow ski once. Although I loved the experience, I fell many times. I once was an avid waterskier, thanks to a once close, now lost friend named Jay. I had trouble teaching myself to ski on snow, going downhill. Using your own inertia to go forward, downhill, rather than using the resistance of water to your advantage was a whole new world for me. I even had an instructor. I sucked! On day, maybe after I overcome all of life’s current challenges, I will try again.

So why do I live for snow? Maybe it has some childhood connection. I am living (most unfortunately) in the same area where I grew up. I can remember fond memories of my parents taking my sister and I out in the snow. Thinking back to better times, I can recall a year when the snow was so deep that my cousin and I were jumping of his second story deck, into the white stuff. During the winter of ‘95/’96, I has dug a virtual tunnel, over 4 feet high, though the backyard to keep the walkway the cars open.


Some forecasters predict much snow for area this winter. I can only hope. I won a bet today at work after I perched my truck onto the top of a snow pile, plowed from the parking lot. Say what you want about American vehicles, but the little ‘ol Toyota has got some shit!!!!

Dude, wanta try to get stuck while your home?????????????????

1 Comments:

Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

i can't get enough of it, see you in church, bring your snowshoes.

12/10/2005 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home