Sunday, July 24, 2005

Cheap Entertainment

The financial situation in our home is not the best. We are not starving by any means, but it could be better. Let's just say the house is little too expensive and the cars are not paid for. Child support is killing me to, that is a story for another day.

Here is PA, it has been hot. Above average temps have pledged this area, if not most of the U.S. for weeks now. I live and work in it and it doesn't bather me a bit, but keeping the kids cool is important. The $150.00 "Quick Set" pool has been a favorite item for the second year now. But my son ask me the other day if we could get a slip and slide. Well, let dad's head work for a day and see what we get.

2 tarps.......$5.00

Hose spray thingy......$0.59

Time involved.....Less than 1/2 hour with trip to the store.

Hours of entertainment for less then $6.00..... Priceless!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger mattandriver said...

I only hope!

7/25/2005 9:52 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

That's a great pic!! One winter (just a few years ago) my friend and I decided we wanted to go sledding at our favorite spot...Dead Man's Hill. I dug out my trusty (rusty) sled and she got out her saucers and a couple of sheets of clear plastic. Remember the scene is Christmas Vacation...you know the one I'm talking about...first, we had ever kid in the area wondering what the heck we were getting so much speed out of, but the best thing was that the kids traded us the clear plastic for their brand new awesome sleds...at least for a ride or two. Ah ingenuity!

7/26/2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

InterstellarLass; I spend a lot of time thinking about how my kids will remember how I have raised them. Maybe too much time.

7/30/2005 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home