Saturday, December 10, 2005

Game Over

Deer Rifle Season 2005 has drawn to a close. This year's score: Deer-3 Hunter-0.

Last night I was up in the field after work. Someone was target practicing (or maybe slottering) down in the posters. What kind of idiot does that? "You have all year long to do what you want, but during the two weeks of rifle season, shut the hell up will ya!!!" I guess the good news is there are deer up there. Last night when I was up, I was alone and the only 'thing' up there making tracks. Today, the newly fallen snow is filled with dear tracks. As I was walking through the field, I was trying to count how many tracks went up (south to north) the field from the tree-line between the fields, to the posters. I lost track at 30 or so. I could see many areas where the overnight, the deer had moved away snow to find food.

I really only got maybe 3 good days up there this year. Hopefully next year, I will find the time to go up there, in the field, where I love to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

YAY!! Let's hear it for the deer! They're smarter! Except when they get hit by cars. That's not so smart.

12/11/2005 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home