Saturday, March 04, 2006

Having a little fun

Not everyone knows how to have a good time these days. In the interests of helping other people find the answer, I offer a recipe.

Mattandriver’s Good Time Recipe.



7 or more fun kids.

56 wheels

14 boots

1 very hard wooden floor

Some Pizza and Soda (beer may be optional in some cases)

And on 7Th birthday

Throw all these ingredients into your day and TADA… One roller skating birthday party for the kids. Both Roller and Ice Skating were good times when I was young. Eventually, I ended up very good at both. I spent many of hours on the rinks when I was young. Now that I have children in my life, I am regaining some youth. It feels very good to have such a sober and truly fun filled afternoon.

Pictures of our day are bellow.

The birthday boy is quiet cool. He’s getting better on those skates too.


If you only knew about his evil side, he might not look so cute.


Matt, can you possibility not act like that in public. Please…


Finally the food arrives.


Little does he know, the pizza sucks here.


“Give me the presents baby!” This is what Birthdays are truly about.


My daughter is VERY good on skates and she keeps me on my toes. FINALLY she fell down, and I got a picture of it!!! LOVE IT!!!


Sadie found a new friend today. These two were stuck together all day.


Here we have the crew. Two kids are missing from the picture. I just couldn’t slow the two boys down enough. Matt will see them on Monday in school.


My niece is looking everywhere for her teeth.


You can blame my brother-in-law for this mug shot. He bet me a dollar I wouldn’t post it. You owe me Scott!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm sure Tracie's quite happy with the pics of her on there...or didn't you tell her??

I remember the first time I went roller skating. The skating center had carpet lined walls, which I clung to for dear life and also used to propel myself along.

I eventually got better, but you know I have issues with falling down. I think I should stay off skates for a while.

3/05/2006 4:14 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Yea, 'you fall down go boom'!

3/05/2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger Dorman said...

broke an ankle i assume.

3/06/2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Not this time sport.

3/06/2006 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home