Sunday, March 05, 2006

I only have a minute to post....

Today was a buys day. Shortly after the sermon at church today, in accordance with Methodist Bullsh&& (I mean Church Discipline), we had a meeting to approve the withdrawing of moneys from the endowment fund to replace the church roof. Chairing this meeting meant I would be late for the basket bingo for the baseball league. As it turned out, I was just fashionably late.

Once I arrived at the local Fraternal Order of Eagles, the usual spot for our functions, serving food was on my menu. I’m not sure if I smell more like hot dogs or french fries, but I spent 3 or more hours behind the bar. It looks like we make a good three grand or so from this function. I’ll have the final tally done by midweek.

Without transition, we are putting the final touches on our Chinese Auction and Chicken Bar-b-Q. (yea, here in PA it’s Bar-B-Q) We hope to have things a little better planed than last year. My gas grill will thank me for this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dorman said...

you gotta be the busiest damn person I know.

3/06/2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Well, let me look. Nope, go grass growing down there.

3/06/2006 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home