Monday, August 21, 2006

Yea, my son wanted it!!! FORGET IT!

This morning seemed like any other Monday morning, except that I had no weekend to speak of. I drove the same way as I do every other day, I even stopped at the same convenient store as every other day, but that’s where the usualness ends. As I walk up to the door, I see this kitten outside the building, walking along the outside wall. I think little of it and walk inside. As I make a b-line for the coffee, an all too familiar voice practically screams at me. She comes out from behind the counter, ranting to me about this cat that someone had dropped off at the store about an hour or two ago. She pleaded with me to take the poor thing with me to work and find it a home. I am not the quickest thinker at 6 AM but I had asked her why she didn’t take the thing. This, coupled with the fact that I am somewhat of a humanitarian, led to my giving in easily. If you want to take advantage of me, look me up before 7 AM as I must be easy prey.

Being the foreman, project manager and supply person at a medium sized fabrication and engineering company keeps my days a bit fast paced. It was a usual busy day today, but the cat was content as hell being there. With doors wide open all day, she left the building only a few times, constantly moving to wherever people were. She was surely a former house cat and well cared for as I could tell. She was only about 6 or 8 months old and loved being held or scratched. Throughout the day, besides becoming the day’s newest joke, I found her asleep on workers prints and paperwork tables. Every time I picker her up to move her to a safer location, she purred to no end. Although some loud noises sent her running for cover several times, she sprang back without hesitation, into the company of whomever she could find.

I tried my best to pawn her off of everyone I came across today, every worker, every office person, every truck driver, every delivery person, and yes, even my boss. I ended up bringing the poor thing home with me. Knowing what was going to happen, but needing to try nun the less, I attempted to introduce my 90+ pound to her. Well, that went bad, plus my wife wanted nothing to do with the thing, even after meeting her once she got home. I called every possible prospect I know of to get rid of the cat. Dean, Sadie would have loved her; Carnealian, you missed out! I even tried my friend chuck while I was measuring and estimating a job for him. I should have known better there.

Finally, my neighbor’s daughter was the sucker. In just over 18 hours, I turned a lonely young animal into a loving pet. I know she will be well taken care of. Sidney is very good with animals and has several cats already.

So life goes on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

You're such a good egg! I for one, am very happy you found the kitty a good home.

8/23/2006 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home