Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Life; Full Circle In A Small Town

I don’t recall many details of my grade school years. Just some vague moments that stands out, like getting lost while walking to this new babysitter’s home, just a few blocks away. I must have been in 2nd grade. This new babysitter lived in a low-income housing development known as Memorial Acres. This would be the place that I met a new friend, let’s call him Todd. Him and I would end up building a relationship together as friends. I heard many of stories as a kid about how messed up this family was, but as a kid, it goes over your head.

I can recall being in baseball with him in 5th grade. He was on another team and had made a mark as an outstanding pitcher. Every kid feared him when he was on the mound. I can recall hitting a double on one pitch that sent our team for a win. On a side note, this was also the person who hit me with the pitched ball that ruined me. After that, I wanted nothing to do with baseball for years. (hey, I was 10, give me a break)

We broke ties once Middle School started. My life went on into High School, trouble with the law, Engagement, dead girlfriend, Navy, Desert Storm, Thailand and many other countries, out of the service, drunk off my ass, kid out of wedlock, working, another girlfriend that hit me over the head with a beer bottle, engaged, married, kid, then baseball for my son. Well, Todd was a fellow coach, within another division this year. Before this, I have not seen him in years. At the beginning of the season, he was voted in as a board member. He is the one that is now under suspect for stealing money from the league. He allegedly withheld some amount of every game’s 50-50 drawling this year to hold a team party, like he was supposedly told to do by some unknown person, and then spent the money that he was incorrectly withholding to begin with. Guilty or not, his has been living within the very same housing development for years, out of work with “his bad knee”, although he walks over 4000 yards to the complex for his games and has been coaching a team all year.

On the other hand, I have a heel spur that hurts like hell some days, muscular back issues that, on some days, leads me to asking for help to get up and I, on occasion, can not even walk upright, have, in the past, worked three jobs to, post military, put myself through college, and I am presently working a full time job as a shop forman and designer of ten years with the same company. I also have a small business that I operate out of my home, all to supply my family with money. Yet, this ass clown is talking about the town about how his is a coach and a board member of our local Little League Program.

Life, full circle!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home