Friday, July 21, 2006

Now what?

Tomorrow and Sunday will be the last kid related function that our baseball league has this year. Although we will be holding a work party to, for lack of a better word, tear down for the year; the season will officially be over. A bunch of us coaches have decided to hold a first time ever Pitcher’s Clinic for the kids that are moving up to the Minor Division next year. This weekend will prove to be a busy one as we also have a birthday-pool party and a team-pool party to attend as well. Plus, I have eight full bags of equipment, plus four more coming tomorrow, to be turned into our equipment manager. Although Pitching is not my forte, I have organized the event and have at least five coaches; all who have pitched at least into high school, helping the kids make this tough transition.

Once things are completely done for the year, I fell somewhat without a purpose. Being involved as I am, within the community, especially for the kids, is my relaxation and therapy. Although my being there for the kids is wonderful for them, and mostly why I choose to put my life on hold for a few months every year, I also get a tremendous amount out of my experience, personally. If only everyone could experience what I have, over the last few years, most people would jump at the chance to volunteer within an organization like this. As good at math as I am, and one of the only things I’m good at, I estimate that I receive close to 123% more than I put into this. To me, that’s a great deal! I just hope I can stay sane within the next eight or so months that I am without a team of kids. I do have monthly board meetings and some fund raisers to attend to, but they do nothing for me. On the fields of smiles is where I belong. Snot, bring your daughter around sometime for a lesson. I have keys to pretty much everything, we can have some fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home