Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tensile stress

The past few weeks have been the toughest I have encountered in years. I feel more stressed than when I was pulling 14 hour watches during the first Gulf War. It’s all mostly bad timing. My house has been on the market for almost 2 years now, yet the grandest of offers had to come at my busiest time of year. My work schedule is out of control, I’m moving into an unfinished home, and it’s baseball season. I go from designing piping and supporting, to trying my hand at drywall (and finding out I suck at it), to coaching a team with the second worst parent in the world, to trying to slow down enough to sleep at night without a constant racing mind.

Coaching used to be my therapy, my time to relieve the stresses of life. Not so this year as I have been dealt a bad hand. The second worst parent in the world’s kid is on my team. Plus, my best fielder was sent 120 miles south, to his Father’s home, for the summer. This leaves the team with 9 players, and if you know baseball, this makes things tough, especially when the second worst parent in the world has absolutely zero courtesy for anyone else.

I hope next year is better. Having said that, I love these kids to death!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home