Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Sunday

It was about 9 year ago. I stood in the doorway, the living room to my left and what is now the computer room to my right. With my hands above me, holding on to the doorframe, my wife and I are talking. She has just returned home from a doctor’s appointment. With half a smile and a tear in one eye, she explains to me that she is pregnant. I can recall my reaction as one of joy. I hade always liked kids and couldn’t wait to love another. Once the news was broken to me, I remember giving her a huge hug and telling her how happy I was to hear of this welcomed change in our lives.

Today, this little boy sits in our living room, just over 8 years old, on Easter Morning, practicing his very first guitar. Many things have changed in our lives since that day. One thing that has not if my love for that little boy.

1 Comments:

Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

beautiful. wish more felt that way.

4/08/2007 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home