Friday, February 23, 2007

Days like this...

What a long week. My work has once again exploded. Truthfully, it never wound down; I just slowed the shop down for a few days to keep the guys’ spirits up. My boss, the owner is in panic mode, dealing with the fallout of her own reality. Overtime is not mandatory and having the production schedule almost doubled in hours hurts. She is expecting me to put the hammer down on these guys. I just tactfully explain to them the situation and the cool ones comply. The ass clowns can dig their own hole.

Here at home we are gearing up to move. Our house is once again on the market and things look good this time. Knowing it could all fall apart at any given moment, I have planned for the worse. If you want to sell a car, give it a new paint job. Using that same philosophy, we’ve been up to all hours of the night this week painting, laying carpet, cleaning up, boxing up items, you name it!

My few hours of spare time has been spent planning the Pitching and Catching Clinic we are holding at the end of March inside a local sports facility. Over 50 kids have signed up so far and I need to have enough coaches there to handle these kids for 4 days. Volunteerism is not what it used to be. Plus I relatively quickly threw together an information related web site for the league. It’s live and in color but still needs some rough edges sanded down.

I kind of feel like I have been letting my friends and extended family down as of late, but I just can’t quite keep up. I love being there with the kids, in whatever sport it may be. It’s too bad the ‘job’ is so thankless, but that doesn't matter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

I have been feeling kind of neglected lately. Glad to see you are being productive. Good luck with the sale of the home.

2/24/2007 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home