Monday, August 29, 2005

Funny Story (at least to me)

On Friday, my son and I had a “Boy’s Day”. I took off of work to take him to the doctors for his 3rd visit concerning his newest round of ear infections. I very well could have bounced between work, daycare and doctors, but that is not me.

Enough babble, on to the story. I was busy at the computer finishing some eBay business. My son had asked for some paper to draw on, so I gave him a few pages. Busy at work, I heard nothing from him for at least 20 minutes. This is typical of him when he is at work making the “crafts” typical for a 6 year old.

But then I started to here laughter from the living room next to me. I did not investigate this initially because he was also watching TV. A few moments later, I here him running, something that is not allowed inside. I proceeded to walk the 15 feet into the living room and was surprised at what I saw. He had ripped the few pages of paper into little balls and was throwing them up into the ceiling fan. There I found many little paper balls spread around from the blades. I am sure the dog ate his share as he does not leave the kid’s side for a moment. I wanted to yell at him for doing what he knows is wrong, but I just couldn’t do it. I have not become one of those parents who forgot what they were like as a kid. Besides, I was not paying attention to him anyway. It is more my fault.

We then spent the next few minutes throwing paper balls into the ceiling fan, together. Sometimes it is the little things in life that keep you going.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

I'm going home to try that! Sounds like fun. We used to throw towels into the ceiling fans.

Your dog is gorgeous, however, looks slightly possessed in that picture. :)

8/31/2005 6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home