Saturday, August 27, 2005

It's about time!

I find it very difficult these days to find thing in my life that make me proud of myself. These times are far a few between to say the least. But, I finally found one. Something has happened in my life that makes me proud of myself.

When the summer started, I made a commitment to myself to loose some weight. I had let myself go for years with little to no real exercise. Plus the girls at the doctors were always yelling at me for my blood pressure being high. So I bought myself a mountain bike and rode my butt off this summer.

I have been eating my “lunch” early in the morning and riding my bike over my lunch break at work. I had a 4.5 mile loop I did in about 25 minutes. This was 4 to 5 days a week. Plus I would go for rides on the weekends when I can break free from the kids and all. The rides we all go on did not count in my opinion because we go so slow and all.

On Friday, I skipped work to take my son to the doctors. Those dumb ears just will not clear up. Anyway, while we were there, I ask for my weight and blood pressure to be taken. The official results are that I have lost just over 25 pounds and my blood pressure is dead on balls perfect!

I feel ok.

3 Comments:

Blogger SnotSucker said...

Great job man! I wish my BP would go down when I lost weight. I wish you all the luck in keeping it off during those long, dreary, winter months.

8/28/2005 7:37 AM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

Whoohoo! Losing weight is tough...if we just didn't have to eat to live! You've inspired me to get on my bike right now.

IL, you are gaining muscle. I know, it's frustrating!

8/28/2005 1:40 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

hooray for hawaii!!!!!

8/28/2005 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home