Sunday, August 07, 2005

Updating my blog

Yes, I am finally updating my blog. As if anyone cares to read it. (this is what I am thinking as I am typing) I have two main reasons why I don't update as much as I should. First, I am not a very good writer. My typing is so-so if I can concentrate on it. I should be a great typist since I took the class 3 times in high school. I failed it twice. Not because I couldn't do it, but I hated the teacher. Sgt. Price, we called her!
Anyway, the other reason is because I sometimes think that my writings and posts are, well, boring. I am not into politics, I hardly ever watch the news, I only read the paper once in a while, I am not in another country (anymore). Others think the same I guess. carnealian wrote about ketchup. I have not read this yet, but I will after I post this.

Sometimes read other blogs and fail to post a comment just because I feel like I am invading or something. I have issues I guess. Feel free to set me straight. Sometimes I need it. Anyway, on to my blog.

I thought that after baseball season was over, things would slow down for me. Yea, right! I am trying to get back into selling Italian Charms again. I mostly sell on eBay. Although I have none posted as of yet, I do have over $1,000.00 of stock in house ready to go. So hey, if you are into Italian Charms, let me know what you are looking for and I will most likely have it or can get it for you. (sorry for the sales pitch)

This weekend was spent at out cabin. More of a working weekend than anything. Repairing the chimney that is falling apart. Scraping and brushing for new paint. The place is along Penns Creek . We have a wall "out front" facing the creek. We sit about 12 feet above the water level, and this wall protects the property from floods washing away the property. Well, the water table is so low this year, it has exposed the wall completely and we now can see the washout (undertow) that all the floods of last year have caused. More work.

My kids love it up there. My daughter was unable to come along this weekend. She had plans with her mom. But my son is still up there with my mother-in-law (poor kid). Funny story. My M-I-L disturbed a bat sleeping in the rafters on the screen enclosed front porch (Obviously, not as 'enclosed' as one would think). This lead to the wife and her mom screaming in fear. Hearing the commotion, I arrive finding my son in the back of my truck crying. Call me what you want, but I attended to him first. I told him this:

Bats are not scary. Both mommy and Granny are girls and girls have issues. Just look at them yell over nothing! OMG! He make the biggest deal over them! He laughed and laughed, picking on them for hours. Well, the bat had friends and I found 4 others hiding. I caught one and showed it to him up close. I told him a story about how many bugs would be around bothering him if the bats would not be here. He thought the little teeth on the bat were cool. This is a kid who picks up Daddy Long leg spiders and plays with them. We then set the bat free unharmed.

Being up at the cabin is nice. The road that follows the creek is basically littered with cabins. Solitude is not found during holidays, but is easy to come by during the rest of the year. I would say over 50% of the cabin owners up there are present a few times a year. But, we all have become family. I have several people who I can talk to and trust. Labor day weekend is our annual Bean Soup and Pigeon Shoot. Again, for tree hugger (no disrespect indented), we use clay pigeons. Although I am a hunter, and have been most of my life, I kill to eat. Very little is wasted.

Ok, that is enough. And as for all that has deep concerns for Dorman, he will recover. I can not spill any personal information, but he will be OK.

19 Comments:

Blogger mattandriver said...

It's funny. I am very computer literate. I have a computer repair business out of my home and have positive reviews to say the least. I just suck at the tying and spelling thing. Thanks for exposing my secret. :-)

8/08/2005 9:43 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

Can I just say that I would have SHREIKING at the top of my lungs with the bat. Bats scare me and so do snakes...and I'm not afraid of snakes, they just scare me. And if Dorman should pop in here with his Freudian mumbo-jumbo on that...well, I don't know what will happen. I'd be embarrassed that's what.

I saw write about what ever...obviously, huh?!?

If Dorman comes home round the holidays as he said he might...you will have to caravan down the road and party in Harrisburg...Lass, you are gonna have finally get on that plane girl!

8/09/2005 4:34 PM  
Blogger a said...

mattandriver - You seem like a descent guy. I encourage you to keep up the reading and the following of the news.

8/09/2005 6:36 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Harrisburg is like 45 minutes away for me. For a party, 20 minutes!

8/09/2005 6:53 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Is someone here scared to fly?

8/09/2005 7:02 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

What, don’t like wings? What color is the sky in your world?

Just kidding. I love rabbit food!

8/09/2005 8:22 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

IL and I have been joking for a while now that we're coming to visit each other for one reason or another. Dorman coming home would be a perfect time. I told him he has to go out to a "dance" club even though he says he doesn't dance. He's gonna have to get over it or I'm taking him to a gay bar instead!

I don't do wings either...for me it is the chicken...ew!

8/10/2005 6:17 AM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Thanks for the story crys. Oh, and thanks for your concern about my touching wild animals. No direct contact was made. I do tend to foam at the mouth at night though. :-)

Gay bars! Maybe for you! Freakin' gay bars LOL! Oh, I don't dance either, just so you know. I did make a fool out of myself a few times in the past but I have made a personal promise not to ever do it again. I can make a fool out of myself in other ways I am sure.

8/10/2005 4:02 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Ok. You are taking dancing lessons and I am stuck here in my living room doing isometric drawings for an upcoming project at work. I need to get out!!!!!!

8/10/2005 9:14 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

But I am drinking a beer! I can't do that at work!

8/10/2005 9:52 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

Gay bars are lots of fun and so is dancing. Crys, you hop on board with Lass and we can all shake our bon-bons somewhere! There's lots of clubs in downtown H-burg (gay and otherwise). Trust me, no men will hit on you guys. I have been hit on by a gay man at a gay bar. It was very weird. Lass, you'll have to teach us all how to salsa!! We'll party like rock stars!

8/11/2005 7:05 AM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Maybe someday you can teach me how to dance in private. That way it is only a few people laughing at me, not an entire crowd.

I AM NOT GAY! Not that there is anything wrong with that. (to quote Seinfeld) I have only been a gay bar once in my life. When I was in the service, stationed in Long Beach, CA. My friend and I were out driving around very late, like 4 in the morning, looking for a bar that was open. We found one at the other end of the city, where I had never been before. Open entering, we got out beers and put 2 quarters up on the pool table. I went to the bathroom, while we waited for the other 2 players to end there game. I should have been clued in when I only seen a men’s room, no ladies room.

After there game was over, the one guy kissed the other. My friend, a very rough and strong dude, flipped out. “This is a f**King F*G bar”, he hells at the top of his lungs! We were chased out of there by about 10 guys after he wrecked the place.

Wow, I had almost forgotten that story. That was almost 15 years ago. Obviously things have changed since then. At least according to what I am reading here.



Sorry, babbling on and on! I must go make super! A new post to come tonight if I find the time. Something on my mind.

8/11/2005 3:59 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

out beers = our beers

My typing sucks!

8/11/2005 4:01 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Is there a way to search for other blogs by topic or interests?

8/11/2005 5:13 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

I'm not gay either, but have been to many a gay bar. They play the best darned music and it's usually a free for all!

We'll cross gay bars off the list. There are plenty of other bars to go to. Unless you and Dorman insist!!

I suspect you are friends with Bob Chase too. I have a friend who bartends in D.C., her hubby is a D.C. cop and she's an ex-stripper. I'm sure she can find some trouble for us to get into if we venture down Bob's way.

8/11/2005 6:59 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

I am not going to get that newer post in tonight. I can tell you this, it is a good thing I can multitask. I would be up shit…….

Group lesson? Sounds like fun.

8/11/2005 9:22 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

I am so freaking busy anymore that I almost forgot my name!

8/11/2005 9:23 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

No problem. I was in jail for 10 days when I was 18. Long story.

8/12/2005 7:16 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

From the outside!

8/12/2005 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home