Sunday, December 11, 2005

Time out from life!!!!

Today was scheduled to be a slightly boring day. Then the plans changes, as plans always do. Soon it was just both kids and I. Hmmmm. What can we do? Hmmmmm.

Well, lets see. There’s snow on the ground, a large hill behind my house, sleds in the cellar and plenty of clothing in the closets. LET’S GO KIDS, UNSCHEDUALED FUN COMING!!!

But wait, all is not as it seems. There is a very large tree in my yard, directly in our path. Oh, then there’s the road, and the bushes, and amazingly enough, even the house ended up being an obstacle. Some would say that this scenario is dangerous. I say it’s called a time to refine your sled riding skills.

So off we go. Two plastic sleds and two tubes. The sleds go well in the snow, but after the track is put into the hill, the tubes are the shit baby! I found myself catching a kid or two before we finally found the correct angle. Oh, that tree is hard.

In our typical faction, we added a jump at the bottom of the hill. What fun would it be without one? Trouble was, we couldn’t find the correct way to go down the hill, hit the jump and avoid the tree. I stayed at the bottom of the hell catching the kids before they spattered gray matter in the bark.

Then, finally, after trying over and over, we found it, the perfect track to make it into the yard. This is when we realized the house was in the way. No one hit it head on, but me. Ouch, that hurt…….
All in good fun. The day is now over and work is calling. Back to reality!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

Thank goodness it was only your head that you hit! Makes me want to go sledding. There's a great hill at the school across from my house. Apporpriately named Dead Man's Hill. Because why would you want to sled on anything that wasn't killer?

12/12/2005 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home