Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A definition of hatred

I was home sick today. Usually I choose to work while I’m sick, driving off my philosophy that I could either sit at home and suffer, or get paid to make others suffer as well. I guess I just needed a day to myself.

Watching a bit of the news reminded me of a post I wrote (and apparently deleted) some time ago. One young and beautiful young lady had yelled at me for deleting said post after I, as I chose to call it, cleaned house. So in the spirit of making wrongs into rights, here goes.

There is something in society today that I just don’t get. Molesting a child. Be it boy or girl, man or women, the concept of this escapes me. Maybe it’s because I have children, or maybe it’s because my brain is wired differently. Whatever the case may be, I have real issues with the idea of someone that actually be ‘turned on’ by a child. The word hatred is a very heavy word, but I employ it for this situation.

My son is now seven years old. Although he is doing well within his phase of wanting to be completely independent, he cannot be trusted to wash himself completely in the shower that he loves. At least once a week I give him a good ol’ bath to insure he is not becoming a stink-box. When I wash him from head to toe, I only see a kid, with or without cloths, just a kid.

My daughter will be twelve shortly. She is, Um, well, developing rather quickly. One of our favorite activities is playing the card game UNO. Traditionally, we lie on the living room floor with cards in hand. This position usually draws the dog into the game. As we lie there on the floor, I see a kid, nothing more. A child that needs love and care, not unlike a child that is only three or four.

What is it that makes people wreck a kid’s life by forcing some sort of sexual action on them? Why would someone even think of such a horrendous action? I know all our brains are wired differently, but what the hell, especially if you are the parent of the child, or even a parent of another. As a parent, our job is to positively effect children to make their lives, and the community, better. Children are our future and tuning them into some sore of tool for your own gain and happiness is the epitome of my hate towards you.

Sorry for the rant…

I think I need some more Theraflu.

3 Comments:

Blogger The works of Dllee said...

hi matt,
i'm at a loss for words. this is beautifully written. you ask questions that i have often asked myself. why and how are these people able to do these things? the only way the cycle will stop is the victims seek help.

3/07/2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

this behavior is a base human behavior. as much time as i have spent around animals, including primates, i have seen plenty of this occuring in the wild. i see no place for it now, no benefit, and on that i may be wrong, but we have established a social order where we publicly condemn this behavior. that alone sets an abused child up for real damage. it's bad, it's wrong and because that is what we preach, when they become victims, they become " bad and wrong" in their minds. those humans that cannot escape these base behaviors need to be locked up. and the children quickly treated. like a war between two nations, we have made the monster worse, and now we need more people to speak out. if you saw the stats on how common this is, it would kill you matt. in fact that is another problem, most people do not have a clue how widespread this is. well needed talk on this matt.

3/07/2006 11:08 PM  
Blogger Carnealian said...

Sorry you're sickly!

I think the power and dominance is what's thrilling to these pedophiles in addition to so many other things. They were probably abused too as children. It's a vicious cycle. Oprah's show yesterday was about pedophiles. She will give you $100,000 if you turn one of them in!!

Like I said before, keep doing the good you're doing. Someone has to be a good role model since there's so many out there that aren't.

3/08/2006 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home