Monday, June 26, 2006

Long and hard.

Our baseball season is almost over. I’ve been hammering out the All-Star’s schedule for a week now. The rain will not let up, postponing many games. Our season’s schedule has been revised two times now, leaving parents bitching left and right, but what can you do. Tonight is 4th washed game of our season and the weather looks ‘all bad’ for tomorrow.

Although I have learned many great things from many people during my few years within this league, I must think long and hard about what my position within this league will be next year. A quote from a fellow commissioner, and a great man… “Ya know what I’m going to do next year? Nothing!!! And I’m going to sit and bitch about everything, just like everyone else does!”… This, coming from a man that has helped to run this league for many years.

I must sit back and think long and hard about my place, within this league, assuming my kids want to play next year. I have done way, way too much, gone out of my way all too many times, gotten shit over way too many issues.

Long and hard! Your input would be appreciated, big time.

2 Comments:

Blogger SnotSucker said...

What you've done this year will be taken for granted until you're not there next year, then they will see all that you had done. Next year kick back, and spend time with your family...you can still help out with baseball if your son is involved. Maybe some of those bitchers & complainers will step up next year if there is no one to do it. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

6/27/2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Thanks snot

6/27/2006 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home