Sunday, May 21, 2006

Busy takes a sick day, or two…

Everyone was informed that we were not going to be available this weekend for anything short of a disaster. Saturday morning it started. The cell phones were turned off. We started off a bit late, as usual. But, nun the less, our mini vacation had begun.

Many people have said that Sunbury is about 20 to 30 years behind the times. If this is true than for every westward mile you travel from here, you go back one year in time.



We have a cabin along Penns Creek Union County. The location is so remote that cell phones are useless, yet there is a community along the creek. Waving hello to each other as you drive up the dirt road that splits cabins from the creek.

Although this trip to our cabin would be the first for the year, our purpose there was simply to drop off my son with his Grandmother for an overnight stay. My wife and I had other plans. Our 10th anniversary was this past Thursday. Although the day itself was spent at work, then on the fields dragging, then answering questions, this weekend was ours.

So we headed further west, and yes, further back in time. Our destination was State College, Center County, home of the Penn State Nittany Lions. As far a College Football goes, I hate Penn State, yet, the new Penn State Behrend’s baseball and softball complex is awesome!

Enough talk, let’s get to the pictures, all titled the same: Hey Look…






Hey look, there's the new field!


Hey look, cool place to eat!



Hey look! I like the name of the soccer field!


Hey look, more blaa, blaa, blaa!


Hey look, the one cave I haven't seen!



Hey look! More to come!!!



I’m exhausted and heading to bed. Another long week is ahead. Once I get the chance, and if I recall, I’ll tell the story of the Indian Cavern! Later!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

Well, under most circumstances you know I have nothing nice to say about State College. But, due to recent events in my life, I must learn to curb my tongue about it.

So, it looks like you had a great time with the added bonus of no cell phones! Love it!

5/22/2006 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home