Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Autopilot

Well, today was my birthday, and like most birthdays, it was spent doing the same damn things I do every other day. My workday was filled with frustration as I tried to juggle 37 different issues and problems, all while my direct boss tries to undermine me, subliminally hoping that his name somehow magically appears on the company sign. I had to cook my own birthday dinner for the kids and I, while they agitate each other to no end. I wanted to actually go out and have a birthday beer yet I can’t seem to muster enough energy to even remove myself from my P.J. pants. All in all, I’m behind schedule at work, behind schedule with executive baseball league crap, and actually having trouble justifying my time spent at home, keeping me from furthering progress at work. I can’t believe I’m even thinking about this. Me, the ultimate family guy, balancing a work/home schedule… Where the hell is my head?

Anyways, another year is down the drain. Another year closer to death and retirement; I wonder witch will come first? My grandfather believed that when you stopped working, you died, so that is what he did. But that is not me. I live my life for my kids. I have chosen the path of replenishing society with people whom are better than we are and I plan to fulfill. Some days are better than others I guess.

I have found some personal comfort in venting here. My distressing within this forum is most likely why my blog sucks. Maybe I should just open a word document, vent my heart out, and then delete it. I might actually still feel better and no one else has to endure the pain. Good plan, I’ll entertain it.

1 Comments:

Blogger SnotSucker said...

Happy B-day! & keep venting!

1/05/2007 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home