Monday, September 03, 2007

Nothingness for some, everything for all.

I spend a considerable about of time in places that have been long forgotten, or stagnant if you will. Places like cemeteries, old forgotten cabins, or even around our cabin road. I also spend a lot of time nature’s playground, or what some call “the woods”. So many times I have seen tiny pieces of history that go seemingly unnoticed by the rest of the world. Places and things that are considered forgotten, broken, or just plain nonexistent. When I walk up to an old broken tombstone, for example, I think of the history behind what is in front of me. This once was a focal piece for many people, or maybe just a few, or one.

I will no longer be selfish with these moments. My personal life aside, this is my new challenge (not to take anything away from extreme kickball, softball, skeet shooting, or volleyball).

Anyways, my flickr account is now linked to this blog, and hopefully will be updated regularly. We’ll see how well that works.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aethlos said...

HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!

9/03/2007 10:38 PM  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

when you are bounding around those trails, keep an eye out for me, and don't shoot anything that looks goofy.

also be careful when crossing the extreme southern end of 3001, as i tend to ignore posted speed limits.

9/04/2007 1:45 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

sok rev, I got u beat.

9/04/2007 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home