Friday, September 07, 2007

righteous!!!

Most everyone knows that I coach my son’s baseball team, or more accurately, youth baseball in general, because I am truly there for every child on every team. Most everyone also knows that I played baseball as a child. Tomorrow morning, I will take to the other side. I managed to get a fill in spot on a team for the All-Nighter, the local Mens Softball end of season tournament. Other than the charity softball game I played in, “Coaches Vs. 94KX Radio Station, a few months ago, it been a very long time since I have played the field.

This is something that I have been looking forward to for years. I cannot play in the mens softball league because of my coaching my kid’s team. Plus, this event is not as completive as the regular season. Let’s put it this way, most people will catch a buzz before they catch a ball.

Here’s the thing, it’s damn near a 24-hour event. The tournament starts tomorrow at 7am and continues until 8pm tomorrow night. At 8:30, there is a home run derby that lasts until about midnight, which is when the tournament resumes until 4am Sunday. More beer will be drank this weekend than during the entire softball season.

I have a case of water, a case of Gatorade, and a case of beer in a cooler, ready for Chris and I to have at. If I don’t pull a hamstring or something, we both have a baseball meeting on Sunday at 6pm. That’ll look just great: The league President and Safety Officer, hung over and sore as hell. Sweet!

Blogged with Flock

2 Comments:

Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

you have a mean streak. good.

9/08/2007 7:19 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

I hurt.

9/09/2007 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home