Sunday, September 18, 2005

Home at Last

We arrived home late tonight from a very busy, and at times not so busy vacation. I suspect that most people go on vacation to sit and do absolutely nothing. I can not do this. I must go and see, touch, taste, feel, smell, do....... We got home much later than planned due to a few detours, and kind of getting lost in downtown Norfolk on one of them.

Anyway, I have much to tell and many interesting stories to write about, but the day is all but gone. Let's just stick with the highlight of MY vacation. Someone asked me weeks ago why I went so late in the year. NAS OCEANA Baby!! I am a Naval veteran of Desert Storm. My rate was GSM I have a love of Naval Aviation since I was 12. My ship.... well, that is a story for another day. Let's just say I am very comfortable around F-*** aircraft. Almost to the point of boredom. Finally, I got a chance to see these guys up close!! I love U.S. military history (sorry for being so exclusive), and aviation history. Growing up, I SO wanted to be a pilot. Maybe if I had applied myself in High School instead of running around with my friends, I could have been. I do have better than 20/20 vision. I am just too dumb I guess. Maybe this will become a future challenge. Maybe I can someday fly a Piper 6 like my uncle.

This update was to be short and sweet. I got carried away I guess. More to come.

I need a real better camera!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger SnotSucker said...

I always suspected that Dorman was a bad influence ;)

9/19/2005 10:49 AM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

It's the other way, if you want the truth. :p

9/19/2005 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home