Saturday, March 11, 2006

Saturday night at the 80’s

For the first day in what must be months, my son and I spent the day outside. The weather today was just gorgeous. “It’s nice out, I think I’ll leave it out.” The little guy had his 4-wheeler out for a while. While he was setting up for another pass up the hill, I noticed some missing hardware from the back wheel. I immediately stopped him to investigate. One cotter key, one washer and one nut were missing. During his pit stop, in traditional faction, he shifted his attention to another activity and wanted nothing to do with going for parts. I guess I’ll have to fix it another day.

Another roller skating party was on today’s menu as well. Although we have been skating on a weekly basis for a month or two now, this time was different. The party was for the Saturday evening 6-9 PM session. This time was different all right, in Twilight Zone form, I was sent back in time to when I was a teenager. Standing in line outside, I briefly looked around. To my right I seen three girls huddled together talking to each other. A few seconds later, I look back at them to find them turned around facing us. The one on the far left looked exactly like an old girlfriend of mine I used to skate with as a teenager. For a second or two I slipped into the almost coma like state, staring at her. I wanted to walk up to her, just to say hello. Just then, as quickly I had been removed, reality sank in and I realized that this was 2006. If anything, this girl may be the daughter of my former girlfriend. Thought the event put me into bummer mode, realizing how fast life has gone by, we ended up having a great time.

Boo is getting better on the rink. He’s now keeping up with most of the crowd. He’s starting to get more and more daring, and this leads to more falling, but he recovers quickly and moves on. His pride is no longer damaged by falling as it once was. Boo has requested to go again tomorrow. If I can make that happen, I will try to bring along the brats, Sport. If not, next weekend will be their time.

This year’s baseball season is growing ever closer. Our fundraisers have been in full swing now for some time. In our league, just as much time is spent planning, as is spent playing so my time blogging is limited. I hope to post a little piece of every game this year, so look for some interesting stuff to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

Yesterday was great...today was complete ugliness again. I was a couch potato for the most part. Hope you're feeling better.

Glad you didn't go talk to the girl that reminded you of your girlfriend from long ago...you could have been arrested! Perv!

3/12/2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

:-)

3/12/2006 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home