Monday, April 10, 2006

My facade

Sometimes I complain about how busy I am these days. I seem to have so many titles that I should have nametag the size of a clipboard attached to my chest. Between work and baseball, no time is left for anything else, or at least so it seems.

Having said that, I would not trade this for the world. I am most certainly doing what I feel I need to do for the community, and I love doing it. I hold absolutely no pride in my capabilities as a baseball coach, but rather I pride myself for being there to positively affect every child I can reach. High-fives and pats on the back are dished out over and over again, mostly to kids who would not ‘deserve’ one by others. I know in my heart that I am making a difference, if only minute.

For a few months I can put my own troubles aside. I hold enough positions on boards to build a deck. My personal issues are now buried bellow a mound of papers and folders. This is truly where I want to be today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

Being where you want to be is half of life's battles! Yay for you!

4/11/2006 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home