Friday, April 07, 2006

Thank god it’s over!

Finally, hell week is officially over. Looking back, things actually didn’t go all that bad. I still have a few minor issues with our new equipment manager, but all fires have been put out. My week has been filled with nothing but work, three baseball fields, twelve teams and phone calls up to 11 PM. Finally, the phone sits quietly on the desk, worn and tired from it’s five day workout.

Wednesday was as messed up day. I stopped at the complex just after work to survey the conditions. After finding the fields covered with snow, I made a few phone calls and we officially called the day a wash. Trouble was, after sitting in my truck calling coaches for ten minutes, I neglected to remember that one coach came to the fields just after work. I guess I’ll call his cell phone for now on.

The weather today was perfect. Badly needed rain for most of the day, then turning to clear and sunny skies about two hours before the first practice. About an hour after the second practice we had a torrential downpour of more badly needed rain. Unfortunately, this led a coach to call off his second practice many hours prior. A few phone calls later, and after just a little bit of a pee pee smack, all is good, although his team is two practices in the hole.

One thing I love it to hear all the daily gossip about who hates who during phone calls to my league peers. It seems that one ‘problem’ has resigned. During a conversation with the league president yesterday down at the fields, I was offered unofficially offered said position. The president and I kind of grew up together with few years separating us. I simply looked him and said “I’ll take it but keep in mind that I………..” I think I’m off the hook, but I’ll find out Sunday at our meeting.

Anyways, things are slowing down a bit. I have to work tomorrow morning (Saturday), a side effect of being the Forman, oops wait, Production Coordinator. I choose to call myself the hall monitor.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

You keeping busy just keeps you out of trouble!

4/08/2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Good point...

4/08/2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

Ditto, and alive.

4/10/2006 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home