Saturday, September 23, 2006

A new toy

Fall is in the air, and with it comes the thought of rifle season, hunting the ever-elusive white tail deer. There are those that do not understand why I choose to hunt. They also may not understand the peace I find in it, along with the sudden excitement as well. Coming home without a kill is worth every minute of my day. Every single hour I spend in the field makes life just a little easier. When on the hill, we communicate via hand held radios, so although cell phones are taken along, they are turned off and only used to “check in”. No deadlines, no bitching, no bullshit, no kids (except for a teenager or two), no stupid questions, no stupid answers, no expectations, no worries, no rushing, no issues whatsoever. Plus, you really need to taste my venison bologna, it rocks.

To celebrate this freedom from hard work, long hours, kids fighting, grown-up’s arguing and everything that comes with daily life, I got myself a new toy, a Savage Model 111F .30-06. Sweet, I can’t wait to shoot it in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

Phoey

9/24/2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

"Shhhhhhhh, be vewy vewy quiet; I'm hunting wabbits, ehehehehehehe."

9/25/2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

Three various 12 Gauge pumps, One Stevens 9478 12 Gauge, One .22 Cal., Two .30 Cal. 30-30’s; all over twenty years old… Yea, it was time for a new gun.

9/25/2006 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home