Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sometimes I sit back and wonder what gets into people’s heads.

While we were at Boo’s match today this woman came up to me. I had prior experience with her and her son during last years baseball season and school year. She has proven to me on several occasions how many issues she has. As she finally got before me through the crowd of people she said, “I have a question” and proceeded to explain to me that her son does not have any headgear to wrestle in. I then said to her in a somewhat joking manner “Oh no! Forgot them at home, did you?” She then says “I didn’t know if Jordan was going to stick with wrestling so I didn’t want to buy any.” Ok, I have a problem with this. Wrestling started in November, this is now January. It’s been almost two months and she uses THAT for an excuse?!? What has this poor kid been using for his practices and matches up to this point?

This family has a long history of being, what choose to call, ‘a real piece of work’. Last year her son was in my son’s class at school. Jordan captured a bit of fame when he wrote “FUK YOU” on the chalkboard one day before school started. Keep in mind that it was 1st grade! Jordan was in baseball at the time, on the Yankees as I recall. His coach used to complain to me about him weekly. I got a chance to speak to her a few times about her son, the school and our kids’ teacher. She usually had an excuse for everything he did, and if for some reason she was without one, the default was “I asked him and he said he didn’t do it.” And to think that when I first met her I actually like her. That was, before I know who she was. This kind of action kind of reminds me of a certain family growing up.

Anyways, life goes on and people never seem to change. It seems that people are who they are as a person, forever; it’s only how well they hide it from everyone else that makes people think they have changed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

OMG! I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY?!?! I'm so sorry!!! Hope you had a good one!

1/08/2007 7:21 PM  
Blogger mattandriver said...

I missed yours too! Now we're even.

1/08/2007 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home