Saturday, September 24, 2005

Vacation Part 2

We were shopping on Atlantic Ave. on our last night. My son is going through this “I want it all” stage. Going shopping with him is horrible. He gets mad and we argue about why he can’t buy everything in the store. So then we came across an idea. I told him that we could buy something that would last a long time and not get thrown into his toy box only to be forgotten or broke.

There, in the front of the store they were. Hermit Crabs. Just waiting for a buyer. One crab, cage, and sponge later, we are on our way back to the motel. My son has been around animals since he was born. First it was Pete the rabbit and Max the dog. Both have been put down and buried out back. Max has been replaced by an obnoxious golden as you have seen on this blog before. But we never had one of these things. My daughter has some at her mom’s house, but this was new to us.

He held this cage in his lap for most of our 7-hour ride home. He spoke to this crap as if it was his new best friend. After we got home and unpacked is where it happened. I heard him talking and walking around the house. I was busy doing something and did not pick up on it rate away. Here, he was taking this crab through every room in our house and showing it off to him. “Here is our kitchen. Here is where I sit for lunch. Here is the computer.” This poor crab was getting a guided tour of his new home. This went on for at least an hour. Kids!

I’m still not sure what his name is. It keeps changing. Hermie, Mr. Krabs, Krabby Pattie. It’s actually pretty cool to watch this thing eat.
Well, I think we found something that will last and not end up in the bone yard of toys. At least until the thing goes “tits up”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home