Tuesday, September 27, 2005

What a day!

Work:

A unit scheduled to ship 2 days ago will now sit in our shop and take up precious real estate for at least a week. Port Arthur, TX. has bigger issues to deal with.

Another unit is at least a day behind schedule thus far. That thing has more pipe on it that a Merch Chemical Plant.


Home:

One kid sick here and one sick at her mom’s house. I hate to see kids sick. “I don’t feel very good” was the statement my daughter made yesterday. That proved true! My son is puking as well. I guess I will be next. At least my son finds comfort in his mom. That makes me feel good.

Trying to start the newest project here at home. (oh the list is long) This one is going to be costly, but save heating costs in the long run. I am one of those guys that try to do all the work myself. “If I can do this, than I must be able to that!”

Others:

Long board meeting tonight at the church. Apparently my board members do not want to participate. Welcome to the world of volunteerism! Yea, I’ll take care of it. No problem! Over 90% of the work is done by less than 10% of the parish.

Now I have more phone calls to make. I am about out of favors owed, and the cache was large.

I was informed tonight that I might be appointed commissioner of our baseball league. This coming from the league president who also doubles as a friend. I should feel proud. But I am stretched a little thin these days.
I was informed that I will be hunting alone this year. I have never gone out alone. One friend has an upcoming surgery and the other………. I will go out lone the less!!!! This is the only time all year that is totally about me. I once hit one at 90+ yards with a 30-30….THANK YOU! That goes back a few. And for you tree huggers out there, I hunt for food. I butcher my own kill and nothing is wasted. Go Go Gadget Bologna stuffer!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger mattandriver said...

“Deer meat”, or Venison is meat that is default to get tasty for the average cook. This would hold true with almost any game meat. The stakes are awesome if make correctly. I also find the “store” version of bologna boring in contrast to a venison bologna made correctly. It has to be a mix.

9/28/2005 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home