Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ah yes, another fine day in this beautiful country! Us Americans take SOOOO much for granted! Up until this year, the operation of our baseball league’s concession stand had always been subbed out. This year, looking for more ways to save money, the board had decided to try running it ourselves. After weeks of blood, sweat and tears, mostly by others, the wife included, the roach coach opened its doors this evening. Issues on the fields kept me from the being there as much as I had hoped. Being a board member and safety officer and coach and parent and whatever else keeps my head in a bit of a fog at times. Hell week is long gone. Hell day is this Saturday, opening day. Every kid on every team will touch a ball. Over 400 kids touching said ball makes for a long day.

On another level, this after noon, I was offered a job with a certain major oil company, in no uncertain terms, while the president of our company stood beside me. I think I used the best words for the situation. The money looks very appetizing, but yet somehow, the kids mean more. I hope I’m not making a mistake.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carnealian said...

WHAT? You turned down a lucritive job offer?? Would you have to move? That's great news, but I'm sure you made the best choice.

Good luck this Saturday!

5/04/2006 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home